Bells are ringing in Weatherford and Aledo this week and we have you covered with all of the essentials and a guide to make sure that you're getting all of the healthy fats + proteins that your child's brain needs to get through the day with a clear mind! Not to mention all of our new Stainless Eco Lunch Boxes, Paper Sandwich Wraps, reusable bags and more in our home section.
Proteins! So important. Promotes cellular growth, builds muscle, boosts the immune system and more.
- Chicken breast (shredded, baked chicken nuggets, or grilled/baked chicken breast)
- Lean ground turkey, chicken, or extra lean ground beef
- Lean chicken or turkey sausage
- Plain low fat Greek yogurt
- Cottage cheese
- String cheese (or other lower fat cheese) Andrew & Everetts
- Hard boiled eggs (boil up 5-10 at a time and keep as a handy high protein snack for yourself, or in someone elses lunch can also be eaten the next day)
Healthy Sources of Fat
- Almonds and Nut Butters (and other nuts/nut butters)
- Sunflower Seeds (and sunflower butter)
Healthy Sources of Whole Grains or Carbohydrates
Healthy carbohydrates are important for your child's blood sugar levels to be stable, and gives them sustained energy levels. Complex carbohydrates (such as unrefined grains, fruits and vegetables) are also rich in fiber, which helps your child's digestive system work well, and keeps them feeling satisfied. Here are some ideas for healthy sources of carbohydrates for your kid's lunch boxes:
- Vegetables (Carrots with Primal Kitchen Ranch, Celery Sticks with Sunflower Seed or Almond Butter)
- Fruit (Berries! Apple Slices with Nut Butter, Peaches)
- Ezekiel Wraps and Breads, we also carry English Muffins!
- Whole Grains such as oats, we also have Paleo Granolas
- Beans/Legumes (also a good source of protein)